Porcelain veneers are one of the most versatile cosmetic dentistry procedures, capable of completely transforming your smile and correcting a wide range of smile flaws with minimal office visits. Veneers are thin shells of high quality dental-grade porcelain that are bonded to the surface of your teeth, and are created by hand to match the rest of your smile.
Patients who choose this treatment will gain the following benefits:
- Short treatment timeline – From start to finish, treatment with porcelain veneers can typically take just a few weeks. The first appointment is utilized to obtain records via photos, dental impressions and radiographs. These records will be used to design the veneers. The teeth may be prepared by removing a thin layer of enamel to custom fit the veneers. Within a few weeks, our in-house laboratory will have the veneers ready to be bonded to your natural teeth.
- Versatility – Porcelain veneers can be used to address various flaws in the smile. They can hide deep stains that don’t respond to other tooth whitening treatments or strengthen teeth with superficial chips or cracks. A veneer can sit atop an undersized tooth to bring it into the proper proportions with the rest of the smile. Multiple veneers may be placed to make slightly misaligned teeth straight.
- Durability – Dental veneers are made of porcelain and are extremely sturdy when bonded to the teeth. Properly maintained veneers can last for up to a decade, or longer.
- Aesthetics – Porcelain filters light in the same way as natural tooth enamel, giving veneers an exceptionally realistic aesthetic. Veneers will blend with the rest of your teeth, and they can be custom fit to your specifications.
- Uniqueness – Each veneer is custom-designed to match the contours and shade of your biological teeth. The veneers can be adjusted further as you desire before they are bonded to the teeth. A properly done veneer is nearly impossible to detect from its natural neighbor!
To learn more about the many benefits of porcelain veneers, contact the office of Dr. Greg Seal at 214.361.0883 to schedule your informative consultation today. With over 25 years’ experience as a North Dallas prosthodontist and cosmetic dentist, Dr. Seal serves residents in the Katy Trail and SMU areas, as well as Highland Park, University Park, and the neighboring communities.